This is a new and exciting role for our expanding business based in the Hunter Valley. We are looking for an Operations Manager to coordinate and assist with the overseeing of our organization’s operations. The successful applicant will be an experienced team leader, who is seeking new challenges with a progressive, professional, broodmare and sales consigning farm.
While this role would be the most senior on farm you will work closely alongside the Broodmare & Yearling managers in day-to-day farm duties.
The farm manages approximately 65 resident mares, consigns approximately 55 yearlings per year and foals approximately 90 mares per year.
The role is well supported by hands-on owners. The hours of work are most likely less, and potentially more flexible than that of a large commercial stud. Therefore, this may be a role that is suitable for someone ambitious, who has family commitments.
The specific duties of this role include operational farm strategy, improving performance and health and safety compliance. You should also be ready to mentor your team members, find ways to increase the quality of customer service and implement best practices across all levels.
- Growing the efficiency of the organization by enhancing processes and procedures
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Communicating with service providers, staff and management to maintain proper organisation
- Perform quality controls and monitor production KPI’s
- Maintaining staff morale through positive communication
- Work with Management to supervise and better assist Broodmare and Yearling Managers as required
- Overseeing farm health and safety requirements
- Proven work experience as a Broodmare/Yearling or prior Operations Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven leadership ability
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Excellent horse handling skills and knowledge across all areas of a busy thoroughbred farm
- A salary to reflect experience
- Good hours – time to enjoy life away from work
- An excellent agistment package will be provided allowing for your own trading
- The opportunity to be part of a growing business and the potential that provides
- Opportunity to learn and be more involved in the business end of “the business”
- Please apply with CV in strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications close 15th March 2022
- Start date flexible